Market Visit Report: Sobeys Paradise

On May 7, 2015, Sobeys opened its latest store in Paradise, Newfoundland.  This store is located 20 minutes away from St. John’s, Newfoundland.

Upon entering the store, our Field Agent was greeted with a “welcome to Paradise” from a store employee.

This store incorporates an expanded fresh focus in departments such as baking, dessert, produce and seafood. Sobeys is competing with larger store formats and competitors such as Walmart and Loblaw.

This is a new design for Sobey’s Atlantic where 60% of the store is focused on fresh and the remaining 40% is dedicated to traditional grocery items.

The centre of the store has a smaller feel, which is ideal for consumers who like to get in and get out quickly for their grocery shopping.

Please click here to view the market visit report.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *